Omni Homestead Hot Springs?
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
dcmncoski
one month ago
Member since 03/23/2024 🔗
1 posts

Anyone with any experience at the Omni Homestead resort at Hot Springs? It seems like they (theoretically) have skiing but the website isn't terribly helpful. The resort seems super expensive and I don't think any food is included. I don't see any inclusive ski packages either. I have a 3.5 year old who started skiing this year and it seems like the skiing at the resort would be good for a little kid, but my impression is that it would be a ludicrously expensive trip for our family. Thoughts?

nickhaas212
one month ago
Member since 11/13/2019 🔗
68 posts

Timberline is by far the best mountain in the region. Great instructors who are passionate about educating and coaching. Timberline has variety however they seem to have some trails that rival New England terrain.

Other resorts to consider for beginners:

-Bryce - You can basically do Midwest laps here.

-Massanutten - Great variety and inexpensive for families.

Snowshoe is also 60 miles from the Homestead and much more worth it.

Scott - DCSki Editor
one month ago
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

dcmncoski wrote:

Anyone with any experience at the Omni Homestead resort at Hot Springs? It seems like they (theoretically) have skiing but the website isn't terribly helpful. The resort seems super expensive and I don't think any food is included. I don't see any inclusive ski packages either. I have a 3.5 year old who started skiing this year and it seems like the skiing at the resort would be good for a little kid, but my impression is that it would be a ludicrously expensive trip for our family. Thoughts?

The Homestead is an amazing, four-season historic resort and does offer skiing in the winter, although the ski season is now over.  Their web site has various packages at:

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/homestead-virginia/specials

The Homestead is a luxury resort, so prices will reflect that.

Stephen
one month ago
Member since 02/16/2024 🔗
29 posts
They have 1-2 runs. My feeling is that skiing there is something to do while you're enjoying the resort, rather than it's a place you'd go to ski. If the goal is to take your young kid skiing, then Bryce or Massanutten is better. If you want to enjoy a beautiful resort and have something your kids will enjoy while you're there ..
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.